DION’s call for Grants applications 2017-2018 is finished!
Now we are happy to announce the successful applicants:
- Daniel Weston (Department of Language and Literature), “Academic/social events with particular interest towards LGBT community”
- Maria Kirpichenko, (Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture), “Screening of independent films and debates aimed towards foster dialogues”
- Rimmert Van der Kooij (Department of Computer Science), “Bouldering course”
- Patrick Mikalef (Department of Computer Science), “Industrial networking”
- France Rose Hartline (Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture), “Critical Gender Salon project”
- Mahsa Jalili (Department of Biology), “Happy hour for Phd’s and Postdoc’s”
Congratulations! We will soon contact you with more detailed information about how to use the grant.
DION thanks all the applicants who submitted their applications and encourages all members to apply next year.
We are looking forward for all supported activities!
DION is happy to announce a new round of support grants for educational and/or social activities for our members at NTNU! All DION members are eligible to apply for a grant (up to 4000 NOK) to cover expenses related to organizing activities that create opportunities for PhD students and post-docs to network, learn, and enrich their experience at NTNU. Six grants will be given to a total sum of 16000 NOK. Two larger grants at 4000 NOK each and 4 smaller grants at 2000 NOK each.
DION will give preference to applications which are targeted towards an open audience. Applications for the exclusive benefit of one department or faculty will still be accepted but applications that are accessible for all DION members will be prioritized.
The deadline for sending the application is 30th October, 2017. Applications will be evaluated by DION board members. Funding should be used prior to the AGM in May 2018. You can apply via this google form:
Last year’s successful grant applicants were:
1. Dimitra Anastasopoulou // Support for new social activities for PhD students at NTNU-Gjøvik
2. Ray Pritchard // Meet-and-greet potluck Christmas party for the newly fused Faculty for Architecture and Design
3. France Rose Hartline // Critical Gender Salon geared towards PhDs and post-docs in Trondheim
4. Aleksandra Lang and Geertje ter Maat // Annual cross-country skiing outing for PhD students, organized by Institutt for geologi og bergteknikk PhD Social Committee
5. Eivind Bøe Drejer // PhD Career Day for the Department of Biotechnology
Apply or forward to those who might be interested!
The DION board for 2017-2018 got elected at the Annual General Meeting 10 May, Klubben Samfundet.
The new board members are:
Ingvild Firman Fjellså (president)
The Annual General Meeting was a success with over 87 attendees. The meeting was also streamed so that it was able to follow the meeting from Gjøvik and Ålesund. The former DION board wants to thank everyone for the participation!
The new and the old board at the Annual General Meeting. (Edgar Lopez, Enrico Riccardi and Alexander Busch was not present at the meeting).
Election of the 2017-2018 DION Board will take place during the Annual General Meeting 10. May at Klubben, Samfundet (Facebook event). Attendees can vote at the AGM, and those not present at the AGM can vote by email once all board candidates have been presented. A list of all candidates will be posted on our homepage, Facebook, and Innsida during the AGM. Once the list is posted, votes for board members can be emailed (from NTNU email addresses) to kine.sørli [at] ntnu.no. Each person can vote for up to 7 candidates for the board. Voting will close at kl 18.50. Please check this space again for the list of candidates to be posted on 10. May evening.
The meeting will be available on stream here:
We look forward to your participation in the DION 2017 Annual General Meeting!
Summons AGM 10 May 2017
2017 DION Annual Report
DION_Proposal of legislative amendment