DION is happy to announce a new round of support grants for educational and/or social activities for our members at NTNU! All DION members are eligible to apply for a grant (up to 4000 NOK) to cover expenses related to organizing activities that create opportunities for PhD students and post-docs to network, learn, and enrich their experience at NTNU. Six grants will be given to a total sum of 16000 NOK. Two larger grants at 4000 NOK each and 4 smaller grants at 2000 NOK each.
DION will give preference to applications which are targeted towards an open audience. Applications for the exclusive benefit of one department or faculty will still be accepted but applications that are accessible for all DION members will be prioritized.
The deadline for sending the application is 30th October, 2017. Applications will be evaluated by DION board members. Funding should be used prior to the AGM in May 2018. You can apply via this google form:
Last year’s successful grant applicants were:
1. Dimitra Anastasopoulou // Support for new social activities for PhD students at NTNU-Gjøvik
2. Ray Pritchard // Meet-and-greet potluck Christmas party for the newly fused Faculty for Architecture and Design
3. France Rose Hartline // Critical Gender Salon geared towards PhDs and post-docs in Trondheim
4. Aleksandra Lang and Geertje ter Maat // Annual cross-country skiing outing for PhD students, organized by Institutt for geologi og bergteknikk PhD Social Committee
5. Eivind Bøe Drejer // PhD Career Day for the Department of Biotechnology
Apply or forward to those who might be interested!