DION is happy to announce a new round of support grants for educational or social activities for our members at NTNU! All PhD candidates, Postdocs and other temporary scientific employees at any NTNU campuses are eligible to apply for a grant (up to 2500 NOK) to cover expenses related to organizing activities that create opportunities for PhD students and post-docs to network, learn, and enrich their experience. Please note that Master degree students are NOT eligible.
DION will give preference to applications which are targeted towards an open audience. Applications for the exclusive benefit of one department or faculty will still be accepted but applications that are accessible for all DION members will be prioritized.
This year, we also decided to give preference to applications addressing the topics of “parenthood” (for example by making the event explicitly family friendly, by organizing an event around the topic of parenthood during PhD/ post-doc, etc.) or “mental health“. We also highly encourage those interested to apply as a group, although grant applications by individuals remain welcome.
- The deadline for sending the application is 23:59 CET 01 October, 2019. Applications will be evaluated by DION board members. You can apply via the application form filling out all mandatory fields and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding should be used by the end of January 2020
- The organizers are expected initially to cover the costs of the event and then seek reimbursement of the costs from DION. No a priori funding is given. Please note that the receipts and all reimbursement documents should be submitted to DION at the LATEST two weeks after the event, but before the end of January, 2020 – whichever comes first. Otherwise, reimbursement of the costs is not guaranteed.
- In case of approval of the grant, the organizers should promote DION by making it a co-host of the Facebook event, and allowing a DION board member to attend the event for promotion purposes. A DION board member will be assigned to each approved application, and the organizers will liaise with them about the event.
- Please note that the maximum amount DION can reimburse is 2500 (two thousand and five hundred) NOK. If overall cost of the event exceeds 2500 NOK, it is organizer’s sole responsibility to get extra funding from other sources. Any requests for more than 2500 NOK from DION will be automatically declined.
Last year’s successful grant applicants were (these are just examples – you are not requested to organize a similar, or a follow-up project):
- Randomized Coffee Trials
- PhD and Postdoc Choir
- Smart City Day
- OK Computer: Being a researcher in the digital era
- How to pitch your research “story” to a non-academic audience
- Laser tag in Gjøvik
- Stoic Principles for a Healthy Academic Life
We are looking forward to your applications!