DION is happy to announce a new round of support grants for educational or social activities for our members at NTNU! All PhD candidates, Postdocs and other temporary scientific employees at NTNU are eligible to apply for a grant (up to 2500 NOK) to cover expenses related to organizing activities that create opportunities for PhD students and post-docs to network, learn, and enrich their experience. Please note that master degree students are NOT eligible.
DION will give preference to applications which are targeted towards an open audience. Applications for the exclusive benefit of one department or faculty will still be accepted but applications that are accessible for all DION members will be prioritized.
1. The extended deadline for sending the application is 23:59 CET 18th February, 2019. Applications will be evaluated by DION board members. You can apply via this Google form filling out all mandatory fields: https://goo.gl/forms/FrNlvLJUTBPSDLs53
2. Funding should be used by the end of June, i.e. until 30.06.2019 23:59 CET.
3. The organizers are expected initially to cover the costs of the event and then seek reimbursement of the costs from DION. No a priori funding is given.
Please note that the receipts and all reimbursement documents should be submitted to DION at the LATEST two weeks after the event, but before the end of June, 2019 – whichever comes first. Otherwise, reimbursement of the costs is not guaranteed.
4. In case of approval of the grant, the organizers should promote DION by making it a co-host of the Facebook event, and allowing a DION board member to attend the event for promotion purposes. A DION board member will be assigned to each approved application, and the organizers will liaise with them about the event.
5. Please note that the maximum amount DION can reimburse is 2500 (two thousand and five hundred) NOK. If overall cost of the event exceeds 2500 NOK, it is organizer’s sole responsibility to get extra funding from other sources. Any requests for more than 2500 NOK from DION will be automatically declined.
Last year’s successful grant applicants were (these are just examples – you are not requested to organize a similar, or a follow-up project):
- “Smart City Day”
- “Randomized Coffee Trials (RCTs)”
- “PhD and Postdoc Choir”
- “Academic/social events with particular interest towards LGBT community”
- “Screening of independent films and debates aimed towards foster dialogues”
- “Bouldering course”
- “Industrial networking”
- “Critical Gender Salon project”
Apply or forward to those who might be interested!