As people working in academia, we often encounter situations that are highly stressful and anxiety-inducing, and oftentimes we tend to neglect the impact it has on our mental health. The topic is not commonly brought up for discussion, and there is a negative perception about seeking help in these situations. We have all been there, and can attest to the general lack of information about the resources and ways to resolve or care for our mental well-being.
So this November, join us for a week dedicated to your mental health and wellbeing. From Nov. 16th till 20th, DION will organize and support a series of events across campuses to raise awareness about the mental health of PhDs, post-docs, and temporary scientific staff at NTNU. This week will contain seminars regarding the services at NTNU, practical workshops providing guidance on how to manage stress, meditation and fitness techniques that can improve our overall well-being. In addition, be sure to follow our social media channels, as we will be posting some useful information and tips as well.
Click here to download the full Programme
Click here to register for the events
Here is the summary of the events happening:
Day 1: MINDFUL MONDAY (16th November)
FULLY BOOKED – Online event, 10:00 – 12:00: Mental health workshop “Work-life balance: A mental health approach”. Description here.
Trondheim – Kalvskinnet, Akrinn L404, 16:00 – 17:00: “OHS presenting the services available at NTNU”; The event will be streamed for the other NTNU campuses.
Day 2: TRAINING TUESDAY
Trondheim – Gløshaugen Idrett Sal 4, 12:00-13:00: “Strength building class”
Gjøvik -Gneiss G303, 13:30 – 14:45: “Yoga for Grounding and Stress Relief”
Day 3: WE-FLECT WEDNESDAY
Trondheim – EL4, Gløshaugen,17:00 – 18:30: “Meditation workshop”
Gjøvik -Eureka 1/3, 11:30 – 14:00: “OHS presenting the services available locally in Gjøvik”.
Day 4: TOUGHTFUL THURSDAY
Trondheim – Gløshaugen Kjelhuset KJL4, 17:00 – 18:00: “Workshop on stress management”.
Gjøvik – Kobolt K105, 12:00 -13:00: “Tolerance, understanding, peace of mind”; The event will be streamed for the other NTNU campuses.
Day 5: FEEL GOOD FRIDAY
Trondheim – Gløshaugen Realfagbygget R3, 17:30 – 19:30: “Improvisation workshop”.
Day 6: FEEL GOOD Saturday
Gjøvik – NTNU A Building (starting point), 12:00: Walk to Eiktunet along with coffee and waffles at Eiktunet Cafe
Corona safety measures, valid for all events:
* DION is following national and NTNU’s infection control guidelines to ensure that our events can take place in a safe environment for speakers and participants. As the situation is evolving quickly, certain events may be moved online or cancelled. Those registered will be informed of any such changes by email.
* All participants will be pre-registered to the events (using google forms/social media).
* All participants showing up at the event need to check-in the rooms, using NTNU check-in system.
* The seating will be arranged so that a minimum of 1 meter distance is preserved between the attendees.
* Disinfectant and masks will be made available for the participants before entering the rooms and after exiting.
* All snacks will be served in individual wraps.