NTNU Gjøvik and DION wants to invite all temporary scientific staff and family to a visit to the Winter park Friday 5th of March.
The Winter Park is described as “An unforgettable winter dream in the Fairy Tale Park for the whole family, with trolls, adventure, snow and ice. We have new spectacular snow and ice art, designed by professional ice artists. There is enjoyable entertainment, horse and sleigh rides, ice cathedral, snow hotel with ice bar, snow slides, mini snowmobiles, ATVs, radio cars and major indoor adventure attractions.”
You can read more about the activities on the Hunderfossen website. https://hunderfossen.no/en/hunderfossen-vinterpark/
Join us for an adventurous and magical visit in the winter wonderland and a drink of warm or cold non-alcohol drink in King Valemons Ice bar!
A bus will take us from campus at 16:30, and return from Hunderfossen ca 20:15 after the fireworks. Please give feedback in the registration for if you want to take the bus or arrange your own transport.
As there are limited of tickets, register as soon as possible and within 26th of February.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you at the Winter Park!
DION has been a close friend of PhD candidates, PostDocs and temporary staff of NTNU for 25 years! Can you believe it? Actually, If DION was a person, it would have just the right age to become a PhD candidate. To celebrate this important number and all our adventures together, we ask you out for a laser tag evening this Saturday, the 27th of February, at 5 p.m., in Bowling 1 Gjøvik.
Registration in advance is required. Please sign up here.
Looking forward to sparking laser fireworks together!
This workshop series provides research-based introduction to and practical training in effective communication of own research to important audiences in academic and non-academic contexts (such as journals, user groups, and the general public). The focus is on the communication of own research.
- seven 3-hour workshops, always on Wednesday mornings
- dates: March 31; April 7, 14, 21; May 5, 12, 19
- time: 09:00 – 12:00
- place: MS Teams (the link will be sent to registered participants)
- you will work on your own writing projects in the workshops
- workshop instructor: Hana Gustafsson (ISL, NTNU)
This workshop series also makes it possible to work towards obtaining course credits; more details can be found here. Contact the workshop instructor if you are considering this possibility. Note that you need to check with your Faculty if these course credits will count towards your PhD training.
*NB: This workshop series is dedicated for PhD candidates; it is not open for other NTNU employees.
See more information and sign up for the workshops here. (Link to Læringsportalen.)
Christmas is just around the corner, and it’s time to leave your office desks and enjoy the social atmosphere with your colleagues.
We invite all Gjøvik-based PhDs, Postdocs, temporary scientific employees at NTNU and their family members to join the Happy Hour at Bowling 1 Gjøvik on Friday, the 18th of December at 5 pm.
Please register at: https://tinyurl.com/y4fwdxtr
Let’s strike 2021 in good company!
All necessary Covid precautions will be taken:
- Teams of max 3 people will be assigned to separate lanes.
- Please wash and desinfect your hands before entering the bowling place and whenever touching surfaces.
- Stay at home if you feel sick.
- Have a good cough and sneeze hygiene.
In November 2020, DION organized and supported a series of events across campuses to raise awareness about the mental health of PhDs, post-docs, and temporary scientific staff at NTNU. This week included seminars regarding the services at NTNU, practical workshops providing guidance on how to manage stress, meditation and fitness techniques that can improve our overall well-being. You can find the links and information provided during the weeks below.
In addition, be sure to follow our, as we posted further information and tips on our social media channels #MHAwarenessWeek.
Occupational Health Services at NTNU
Tips on how to set up your office so protect your health:
Besides the services offered by OHS at NTNU, employees at NTNU can contact the Coperio Center (external center) for psychological help (for NTNU to cover the cost, you need a signature from your manager). THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM THE SERVICES OFFERED BY OHS: https://innsida.ntnu.no/wiki/-/wiki/Norsk/Psychologist+service+for+employees
Courses and training for your mental and physical health
- Physical exercise is good for your body and for your mind. Remember to exercise 30 min a day, 5 days a week! NTNU employees can also exercise 1 hr./ week during their workday. Find out about physical health and training at NTNU here: https://innsida.ntnu.no/trening-ansatte
- These Innsida channels will keep you informed of upcoming physical activities for staff: Trening for NTNU-ansatte ; Trening for ansatte NTNU i Gjøvik; Trening for ansatte NTNU i Ålesund
- NTNU CERG has developed a number of evidence-based exercise programs to help improve your health and fitness: https://www.ntnu.edu/cerg/regimen
- In Gjøvik, employees of NTNU can make an appointment for a free massage. Masseur Svein Erik Hagen visits NTNU in Gjøvik every Wednesday between 07.30 and 13. Send SMS to +47 40 40 10 67 for booking.
- Other options for mental health and stress management:
- labor unions organize classes for their member. Check your unions’ news update
- Courses from SiT (both mental and physical health): https://www.sit.no/trening ; https://www.sit.no/en/kurs/mestringskurs