DION is happy to announce a new round of support grants for educational or social activities for our members at NTNU!
All PhD candidates, Postdocs and other temporary scientific employees at any NTNU campuses are eligible to apply for a grant (up to 2500 NOK) to cover expenses related to organizing activities that create opportunities for PhD students and post-docs to network, learn, and enrich their experience. Please note that Master degree students are NOT eligible.
DION will give preference to applications which are targeted towards an open audience. Applications for the exclusive benefit of one department or faculty will still be accepted but applications that are accessible for all DION members will be prioritized. Since it is festive season, we also appreciate Christmas themed events, especially since a lot of us will be not be travelling home this year.
- The deadline for sending the application is 23:59 CET 20 December, 2020. Applications will be evaluated by DION board members. You can apply via this form filling out all mandatory fields and sending it to email@example.com.
- Funding should be used by the end of January, i.e. until 31.01.2021 23:59 CET.
- The organizers are expected initially to cover the costs of the event and then seek reimbursement of the costs from DION. No a priori funding is given. Please note that the receipts and all reimbursement documents should be submitted to DION before 31st January 2021, although we encourage you to submit it by 31st December 2020 if it is possible. Reimbursement of the costs is not guaranteed if it comes later than January 31st 2021.
- In case of approval of the grant, the organizers should promote DION by making it a co-host of the Facebook event. A DION board member will be assigned to each approved application, and the organizers will liaise with them about the event.
- Please note that the maximum amount DION can reimburse is 2500 (two thousand and five hundred) NOK. If overall cost of the event exceeds 2500 NOK, it is organizer’s sole responsibility to get extra funding from other sources. Any requests for more than 2500 NOK from DION will be automatically declined.
This year, we particularly welcome application themed around Christmas/Jul.
We also highly encourage those interested to apply as a group, although grant applications by individuals remain welcome.