Seminar on Value Creation from Research
Organized by NTNU Technology Transfer AS
The NTNU Postdoc Action Pilot (Postdoc løftet) project has 10 free seats available for a seminar on value creation from research (in collaboration with NTNU Technology Transfer AS).
When: Friday 7th of September, 12.45-15.30
Where: Scandic Lerkendal, Trondheim (NTNU Postdoc Action)
Registration form: https://s.ntnu.no/Value_Creation_From_Research_signup
Places will be allocated on a first come, first served-basis – If you are registered, you will get a confirmation e-mail.
Agenda: Seminar on Value Creation from Research?
12.45 Introduction to NTNU ecosystem for innovation and NTNU Technology Transfer
Innovation Manager Hege Tokerud and Project Leader / Associate Professor Tonje S. Steigedal
– NTNUs 3 main assignments: Education, Research and Innovation
– More innovation focus in NFR, EU and industry
– Overview of NTNU Ecosystem
– What rights and innovation support does NTNU offer you?
13.05 Why is innovation important and attractive for you as a researcher?
Professor Lise L. Randeberg – Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
– Making impact
– Making a career
– Network and training
– Financing of activity
14.50 Coffee Break
14.05 IP introduction for researchers
IPR Manager Sabina P. Strand
– More than patents, but also patents (trademarks, collaboration agreements, open source, license, standards)
– Basics and trends
– Why is IP regulation and knowledge important for impact
– 1-2 commercialization cases
– How were postdocs involved?
– How did this affect their career?
– What other effects?
– What was their motivation?
15.00 Q&A and wrap-up
15.30 End of the program